Want to start training?
You are always welcome to come along and watch a class and can ask any questions.
you'd like to start training, you are welcome on any Monday or
Thursday evening. We run special beginner’s courses
from time to time, but students don't have to attend
one of these to start training.
cost of 8 introductory lessons is £60 and this includes club membership
and insurance purchased by the Joint Aikikai Council GB.
Once you have completed the introductory lessons you simply
pay the monthly membership fee.
note that beginners are expected to attend weapons classes on Mondays
as Iwama weapons are integral to are style and students
will not progress through the ranks without them.
What else do you need to know?
• You must be 18 or over.
• You should wear loose clothing (e.g. T shirt
and tracksuit bottoms) that you don't mind
being stretched or pulled.
• You must remove all jewellery. If an item can't
be removed, it must be covered with sticking
• Finger and toe nails need to be kept short and
long hair tied up.
• It would be sensible NOT to eat a meal just
before you train
• We do not recommend that you wear eye glasses.
If you need to, we do not accept responsibility
for damage to them. Please ensure they are safe to use for sport.
Also please ensure you have a spare pair to use for driving, just in case
they are damaged during a class.
• Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol
won't be allowed to train.
• You have to tell your teacher about any medical
conditions that might affect your ability
to train or exercise. If the teacher has concerns about your ability to
train, you may be asked to obtain a doctor's
permission before continuing.
• For your safety, you must do exactly what your